RGD Ontario invites submissions from R.G.D. and Provisional RGD members whether
they own graphic design firms, are employed within a graphic design firm or
are employed in a design department within a corporation or institution.
Projects must have been created, conceived or produced between June 25, 2005
and June 25, 2007.
An R.G.D. or Provisional RGD must have been the Creative Director, Art Director
or Principal Designer on the project.
Self-promotional work is not eligible for consideration. An actual client,
whether internal or external, must have been involved.
Approximately 50 projects in eight categories will be selected by a jury of
marketing and design executives. Each jury member will select one project
as his or her “judge’s pick” to receive special recognition
in the media and in the publication.
selections will be made based on the
notification of acceptance
- The project met the client’s goals and expectations and had
an impact on the client’s business performance.
- The project demonstrates originality and creativity through advanced,
unusual or clever solutions, uniqueness of materials, originality of
components and/or creative use of resources.
- The project demonstrates ‘good design’, through the elegance and sophistication
of core design concepts, the layout and use of space, typography, clever
synergies of visual elements, artistic integration, etc.
Winning entrants will be notified in August 2007. Please ensure that all
credit information is complete, as this information will be used in the
- All selected entries will be showcased in a printed publication, which
will be distributed to 1,500 brand and marketing executives across Canada.
In addition, it will be distributed at trade shows and conferences in
which RGD Ontario is involved including the Canadian Marketing Association’s
annual convention and tradeshow.
- The publication will launch as part of DesignThinkers 2007, October
17 to 18 in Toronto.
- Selected entries will also be exhibited on-line at www.designatwork.ca.
- Two certificates, one for the design firm and one for the client, will
be awarded for each selected entry.
- A special selection of entries will be featured in Marketing
and Applied Arts and will be used in a promotional campaign to
design and business media across North America.
Contact RGD Ontario by phone at 1.888.ARGD.ONT (in Toronto: 416.367.8819)
or by e-mail at email@example.com.